D1 Friday, March 4th | D2/3 Saturday, March 5th
2022 INDOOR STATE CHAMPIONSHIP MEET
- ABCs Of The Indoor Season
- Performance List Information
- Declaration & Registration
- Meet Day Information
- Meet Schedule
- Heat & Flight Sheets
- Meet T-Shirts
- Verification Form
The OAT&CCC Indoor State Meet is open only to athletes whose coaches are members of the Ohio Association of Track & Cross Country Coaches. Join Online
To be eligible to compete in the OAT&CCC Indoor State Meet, all of the following requirements MUST be met by schools, athletes, and coaches. Failure to meet any of the requirements below will result in the athlete not being permitted to participate.
- Each competitor must:
- Be a member of the school team where the athlete is enrolled as a student;
- Wear a school-issued uniform. OHSAA uniform rules will be in effect;
- Meet all OHSAA eligibility requirements; and
- Have a school coach present at the meet.
- Each school’s team must be approved and recognized by the local Board of Education and the school must be a 2021-2022 member in good-standing with the OHSAA.
- Each coach must be approved and recognized by the local Board of Education and be a paid member of the OAT&CCC. (Must complete the online OATCCC Verification Form due the Wednesday before the State meet - March 2nd)
Performance List Information
The OAT&CCC Performance Lists in each division (D2/3 & D1) will reflect the TOP 40 athletes or relay teams in each event. The lists will be posted on MileSplit Ohio
Only marks meeting the following requirements will be included on the performance lists:
- Marks must be obtained while athletes are competing as members of their school team. The school team must be listed as the athlete/relay team’s affiliation on the official meet results at the time the mark was achieved. (No retroactive affiliation allowed)
- Marks from athletes or relay teams listed as unattached or with a club affiliation in the official meet results will NOT be accepted.
- Marks will NOT be accepted from meets that do not appear on the list of accepted OAT&CCC qualifying meets.
- Final day of accepted performances is Sunday, February 20th at 10:00pm.
To be eligible for participation in the Indoor State Meet:
- An athlete or relay team must be listed on the FINAL TOP 40 PERFORMANCE LIST posted on MileSplit Ohio for each event in which they intend to compete.
- The top 24 athletes or relay teams in each event that declare their intent to compete will be accepted for the meet.
- Each school is limited to 2 entries in any individual event and 1 relay team per relay event.
Declaration & Registration
Declaration & registration must be completed on MileSplit Ohio
- The FINAL TOP 40 PERFORMANCE LIST will be posted on Sunday, February 27th at 6:00 pm.
- To enter the OAT&CCC Indoor State Meet, the official coach of the high school team must register all athletes from the list that wish to participate.
- The registration window will remain open from Wednesday, February 23rd at 12:00noon until Friday, February 25th at 11:59pm.
- The list of accepted entries will be posted by Monday, February 28th.
Meet Day Information
- 2022 NFHS and OHSAA competition rules will be in effect.
- All competitors must compete in school-issued uniform with all uniform rules in effect.
- All COVID precautions will be in place for everyone’s safety.
- Alternate relay athletes must pay for entry as a spectator.
- Spectators will be allowed in the facility unless otherwise announced.
- Live streaming of the event will be available on MileSplit Ohio
- Results will be available at Lightning Timing
- Athletic training staff and a physician will be provided by The Cleveland Clinic.
- Official Indoor State Meet shirts will be available for purchase on-site only.
Field Events: 12:00pm
High Jump (Girls followed by Boys)
Pole Vault (2 pits)
Long Jump (2 pits; Triple Jump to follow)
Shot Put (Boys followed by Girls)
Weight Throw (Girls followed by Boys)
Running Events: 2:00pm
Girls followed by Boys (except 60m Hurdle Finals)
2:00pm 60m Hurdle Prelims
2:15pm 60m Dash Prelims
2:30pm Girls 4x800m Relay
3:00pm Boys 4x800m Relay
3:30pm Boys 60m Hurdle Final
3:35pm Girls 60m Hurdle Final
3:40pm Girls 60m Dash Final
3:45pm Boys 60m Dash Final
3:55pm Girls 4x200m Relay
4:10pm Boys 4x200m Relay
4:25pm Girls 1600m (2 sections)
4:45pm Boys 1600m (2 sections)
5:00pm Girls 400m
5:10pm Boys 400m
5:20pm Girls 800m (2 sections)
5:30pm Boys 800m (2 sections)
5:40pm Girls 200m
5:50pm Boys 200m
6:00pm Girls 3200m (1 section)
6:20pm Boys 3200m (1 section)
6:35pm Girls 4x400m Relay
6:55pm Boys 4x400m Relay
Team Awards Ceremony to follow
Heat & Flight Sheets
When available from Lightning Timing.
2022 Indoor State Meet T-Shirts
Official State Meet t-shirts will be available on-site only. No pre-orders will be available. Cash and credit/debit cards will be accepted. Exact change is appreciated if using cash.
Verification Form Submission Deadline: Wednesday, March 2, 2022
In consideration for participating with the OAT&CCC Indoor State Championship Meet all of the following regulations must be complied with:
- The participating Indoor Track & Field team’s school must be a member of the OHSAA for the 2021-2022 academic year and abides by the regulations to be member in good-standing with the OHSAA;
- The participating Indoor Track & Field team must be approved and recognized by the local Board of Education for the 2021-2022 academic year;
- All coaches representing the participating Indoor Track & Field team must be recognized and approved by the local board of Education for the 2021-2022 academic year;
- All student-athletes associated with the participating Indoor Track & Field team must meet all local Board of Education and OHSAA eligibility requirements for participation in athletics; and
- If the Indoor Track & Field team participating is represented by a coach or student-athlete who does not meet the above regulations, then the OATCCC may exclude the team or any of its competitors or coaches from the Indoor Finale and apply sanctions to the team's future participation with OATCCC events.
Indoor State Meet FAQs
Athlete, Team & Coach Information
- Can an individual athlete compete in the State Meet whose school does not sponsor an indoor track & field team? NO. Only an athlete who is a member of a team which is approved and recognized by their high school may compete.
- What defines an indoor track & field team being approved and recognized by its high school? The school must be a member in good-standing with the OHSAA, the local Board of Education must approve the existence of the indoor track & field team and the Board of Education must approve the coaches which facilitate the team.
- How does the team prove to the OAT&CCC that it is approved and recognized by its high school? The head coach must submit the online verification form found HERE. The online verification form must be submitted by the head coach of the team by 11:59pm the Wednesday before the State Meet.
- Must an indoor track & field team be associated with a school which is a member of the OHSAA for that academic year? YES
- Can an indoor track & field team consist of one athlete? YES. There are no parameters as to how many athletes must exist on the team for it to be recognized as a team.
- Must an athlete or team have a coach at the State Meet ? YES. Athletes and teams must be accompanied by a Board-approved coach. A parent or legal guardian cannot serve as a coach if not approved by the high school’s local Board of Education.
- What defines a Board-approved coach? A coach which has been approved and recognized by the local Board of Education to represent and facilitate the Board-approved team. This must be verified using the OAT&CCC online verification form found HERE. The online verification form must be submitted by the head coach of the team by 11:59pm the Wednesday before the State Meet.
- Do the Board-approved coaches of the Board-approved team need to be paid members of the OAT&CCC? YES. All coaches who are coaching athletes at the OATCCC State Meet must be paid members of the OAT&CCC for that calendar year. No coaches will be allowed into the meet for the purpose of coaching if they are not paid members of the OAT&CCC.
- What if a coach arrives at the State Meet and is not a paid member of the OAT&CCC? That coach must submit their membership & payment online then show proof of this to receive in order to gain access to the meet. This may be done HERE.
- How many coaches per team will be admitted to the meet? All coaches who are 2022 OAT&CCC members are admitted to the meet at no charge. However, the only coaches allowed on the infield are those coaching field events. Although COVID restrictions have been relaxed, please know that the capacity of the facility and the number of people in the facility may still be regulated by the Board of Health for everyone’s health and safety.
State Meet Qualification Information
- Will a mark achieved while an athlete or relay team competed as an unattached athlete or relay team count as a qualifying mark for the State Meet? NO. All qualifying marks must be achieved while that athlete or relay team competed for their Board-approved indoor track & field team. The athlete’s or relay’s affiliation cannot be retroactively changed to associate that athlete or relay team with a Board-approved indoor track & field team.
- Can marks from any indoor meet from that season be accepted as qualifying marks to the State Meet? NO. Only marks achieved in the meets accepted by the OAT&CCC shall be accepted. The list of meets may be found on the OAT&CCC website.
- What marks are eligible for the State Meet? The marks listed on the final top 40 performance list as posted by Ohio MileSplit.
- How many marks qualify for the State Meet? The top 24 marks declared.
- How many athletes from the same team can qualify to the State Meet in each individual event? TWO. Coaches may only declare TWO competitors to compete in an event from the top 40 list. Note: only ONE relay team per school is eligible to compete even if the event is not full.
Meet Day Information
- Will the NFHS and OHSAA uniform rules be in effect? YES
- Can relay alternates come to the meet if they are not already competing in another event? YES. However, they must pay to enter the meet as a spectator unless already competing in another event. Alternates will not receive admission wristbands to enter the facility.
- Will spectators be allowed? YES. However, know that at any time the Board of Health may announce regulations pertaining to spectator entry for everyone’s health and safety. All COVID safety measures required by Spire and the Board of Health must be followed.
- Will there be a livestream of the event? YES. MileSplit Ohio will livestream the event. A paid subscription is needed to access the stream. Get more info at: MileSplit Ohio
- Will there be live results posted? YES. Lightning Timing will have live results posted at: Lightning Timing
- Will there be heat/flight sheets available for coaches at the meet? NO. Heat/flight sheets will be available online at Lightning Timing and www.oatcc.com.
- Will the meet be scored? YES. The top 2 athletes from each team may score with the top eight marks of those eligible athletes scoring in each event. Scoring as follows 1st through 8th place: 10-8-6-5-4-3-2-1.
- Will there be awards? YES. The top 8 in each event will receive a medal.
- Will there be team championship awards? YES.
- Will there be meet t-shirts for sale? YES. There will be t-shirts available on-site. No pre-orders will be available. Cash and credit/debit cards will be accepted. Exact change is appreciated if using cash.
Who to contact with other questions?
OAT&CCC Vice President