D2/3 Friday, March 5th | D1 Saturday, March 6th
2021 Indoor Finale Meet Information
- Performance List Information
- Declaration & Registration
- Meet Day Information
- Meet Schedule
- Heat & Flight Sheets
- Order T-Shirts
- Verification Form
- COVID Online Screening
The OAT&CCC Indoor Finale meet is open only to athletes whose coaches are members of the Ohio Association of Track & Cross Country Coaches. Join Online
To be eligible to compete in the OAT&CCC Indoor Finale meet, all of the following requirements MUST be met by schools, athletes, and coaches. Failure to meet any of the above requirements will result in the athlete not being permitted to participate.
- Each competitor must:
- Be a member of the school team where the athlete is enrolled as a student;
- Wear a school-issued uniform. OHSAA uniform rules will be in effect;
- Meet all OHSAA eligibility requirements; and
- Have a school coach present at the meet.
- Each school’s team must be approved and recognized by the local Board of Education and the school must be a 2020-2021 member in good-standing with the OHSAA.
- Each coach must be approved and recognized by the local Board of Education and be a paid member of the OAT&CCC. (Must complete the online OATCCC Verification form)
Performance List Information
Only marks meeting the following requirements will be included on the performance lists:
- Marks must be obtained while athletes are competing as members of their school team. The school team must be listed as the athlete/relay team’s affiliation on the official meet results at the time the mark was achieved.
- Marks from athletes or relay teams listed as unattached or with a club affiliation in the official meet results will NOT be accepted.
- Marks will NOT be accepted from meets that do not appear on the list of accepted OAT&CCC qualifying meets.
- Final day of accepted performances is Saturday, February 27th at 10:00pm. (No results from the Adidas Indoor National meet will be accepted)
To be eligible for participation in the Indoor Finale meet:
- An athlete or relay team must be listed on the FINAL TOP 40 PERFORMANCE LIST posted on MileSplit Ohio for each event in which they intend to compete.
- The top 24 athletes or relay teams in each event that declare their intent to compete will be accepted for the meet.
- Each school is limited to 2 entries in any individual event and 1 relay team per relay event (For 2021 ONLY, if events are not full, then additional individuals from the same school in the top 40 may be accepted but will not score - applies to individual competitors only, not relay teams).
Declaration & Registration
Declaration & registration must be completed on MileSplit Ohio
- The FINAL TOP 40 PERFORMANCE LIST will be released by Monday, March 1st at 12:00noon.
- To enter the OAT&CCC Indoor Finale meet, the official coach of the high school team must register all athletes from the list that wish to participate.
- The registration window will remain open from Monday, March 1st at 12:00noon until Tuesday, March 2nd at 11:59pm.
- The list of accepted entries will be posted by Wednesday, March 3rd at 12:00noon.
Meet Day Information
- 2021 NFHS and OHSAA competition rules will be in effect.
- All competitors must compete in school-issued uniform with all all uniform rules in effect.
- All COVID precautions will be in place for everyone’s safety.
- No alternate athletes who are not competing are allowed in the facility.
- The number of coaches per team will be limited.
- No spectators will be allowed in the facility.
- Live streaming of the event will be available on MileSplit Ohio
- Results will be available at Lightning Timing (lightningtiming.com)
- Athletic training staff and a physician will be provided by The Cleveland Clinic.
- Official Indoor Finale shirts are available for purchase at: Order Online Here
Field Events: 12:00pm
- High Jump (Girls followed by Boys)
- Pole Vault (2 pits)
- Long Jump (2 pits; Triple Jump to follow)
- Shot Put (Boys followed by Girls)
- Weight Throw (Girls followed by Boys)
Running Events: 2:00pm
Girls followed by Boys (except 60m Hurdle Finals)
- 2:00pm 60m Hurdle Prelims
- 2:15pm 60m Dash Prelims
- 2:30pm Girls 4x800m Relay
- 3:00pm Boys 4x800m Relay
- 3:30pm Boys 60m Hurdle Final
- 3:35pm Girls 60m Hurdle Final
- 3:40pm Girls 60m Dash Final
- 3:45pm Boys 60m Dash Final
- 3:55pm Girls 4x200m Relay
- 4:00pm Boys 4x200m Relay
- 4:10pm Girls 1600m (if needed, 2 sections)
- 4:30pm Boys 1600m (if needed, 2 sections)
- 4:50pm Girls 400m
- 5:00pm Boys 400m
- 5:10pm Girls 800m (if needed, 2 sections)
- 5:20pm Boys 800m (if needed, 2 sections)
- 5:30pm Girls 200m
- 5:40pm Boys 200m
- 5:50pm Girls 3200m
- 6:10pm Boys 3200m
- 6:25pm Girls 4x400m Relay
- 6:45pm Boys 4x400m Relay
Heat & Flight Sheets
When available from www.lightningtiming.com.
Pre-Order your 2021 Indoor Finale Shirt!
Pre-ordered shirt will be picked-up at the meet. Shirts will not be shipped. Bring proof of your purchase by showing the order confirmation either on your mobile device or print the confirmation page. Limited shirt quantities available for sale at the event, pre-order to guarantee receipt of a shirt in your desired size.
Verification Form Submission Deadlines:
D2/3: Thursday, March 4, 2021 at 11:59pm
D1: Friday, March 5, 2021 at 11:59pm
In consideration for participating with the OAT&CCC Indoor Finale all of the following regulations must be complied with:
- The participating Indoor Track & Field team’s school must be a member of the OHSAA for the 2020-2021 academic year and abides by the regulations to be member in good-standing with the OHSAA;
- The participating Indoor Track & Field team must be approved and recognized by the local Board of Education for the 2020-2021 academic year;
- All coaches representing the participating Indoor Track & Field team must be recognized and approved by the local board of Education for the 2020-2021 academic year;
- All student-athletes associated with the participating Indoor Track & Field team must meet all local Board of Education and OHSAA eligibility requirements for participation in athletics; and
- If the Indoor Track & Field team participating is represented by a coach or student-athlete who does not meet the above regulations, then the OATCCC may exclude the team or any of its competitors or coaches from the Indoor Finale and apply sanctions to the team's future participation with OATCCC events.
Indoor Finale Meet FAQs
Athlete, Team & Coach Information
- Can an individual athlete compete in the Finale whose school does not sponsor an indoor track & field team? NO. Only an athlete who is a member of a team which is approved and recognized by their high school may compete.
- What defines an indoor track & field team being approved and recognized by its high school? The school must be a member in good-standing with the OHSAA, the local Board of Education must approve the existence of the indoor track & field team and the Board of Education must approve the coaches which facilitate the team.
- How does the team prove to the OAT&CCC that it is approved and recognized by its high school? The head coach must submit the online verification form found at: https://www.oatccc.com/News-Events/State-Meet/#Meet-Info-9 .The online verification form must be submitted by the head coach of the team by 11:59pm the day before the meet. (For 2021, D2/3 verification forms are due on Thursday, March 4th at 11:59pm and D1 verification forms are due on Friday, March 5th at 11:59pm)
- Must an indoor track & field team be associated with a school which is a member of the OHSAA for that academic year? YES.
- Can an indoor track & field team consist of one athlete? YES. There are no parameters as to how many athletes must exist on the team for it to be recognized as a team.
- Must an athlete or team have a coach at the Finale? YES. Athletes and teams must be accompanied by a Board-approved coach. A parent or legal guardian cannot serve as a coach if not approved by the high school’s local Board of Education.
- What defines a Board-approved coach? A coach which has been approved and recognized by the local Board of Education to represent and facilitate the Board-approved team. This must be verified using the OAT&CCC online verification form found at: https://www.oatccc.com/News-Events/State-Meet/#Meet-Info-9 . The online verification form must be submitted by the head coach of the team by 11:59pm the day before the meet. (For 2021, D2/3 verification forms are due on Thursday, March 4th at 11:59pm and D1 verification forms are due on Friday, March 5th at 11:59pm)
- Do the Board-approved coaches of the Board-approved team need to be paid members of the OAT&CCC? YES. All coaches who are coaching athletes at the OATCCC Finale must be paid members of the OAT&CCC for that calendar year. No coaches will be allowed into the meet for the purpose of coaching if they are not paid members of the OAT&CCC.
- What if a coach arrives at the Finale and is not a paid member of the OAT&CCC? That coach must submit their membership & payment online then show proof of this to receive a membership number in order to gain access to the meet. This may be done at: https://www.oatccc.com/Coaches/Membership/Join/
- How many coaches per team will be admitted to the meet? 1 coach for a team with 1-2 competitors (unless the 2 competitors are from different event groups with 2 separate coaches, then 2 coaches will be allowed), 2 coaches for a team with 3-6 competitors, 3 coaches for a team with 7-12 coaches and a maximum of 4 coaches for a team with 13 or more competitors. These allocations apply separately for boys and girls teams. However, please do NOT bring unneeded coaches simply to fill the number of coaches allowed. Due to COVID restrictions for the capacity of the facility, the number of people in the facility must be closely monitored to be within the maximum allowed by the Board of Health for everyone’s health and safety.
Finale Qualification Information
- Will a mark achieved while an athlete or relay team competed as an unattached athlete or relay team count as a qualifying mark for the Finale? NO. All qualifying marks must be achieved while that athlete or relay team competed for their Board-approved indoor track & field team. The athlete’s or relay’s affiliation cannot be retroactively changed to associate that athlete or relay team with a Board-approved indoor track & field team.
- Can marks from any indoor meet from that season be accepted as qualifying marks to the Finale? Only marks achieved in the meets accepted by the OAT&CCC shall be accepted. The list of meets may be found on the OAT&CCC website. Note, for the 2020-2021 season, no marks from the Adidas Indoor National meet will be accepted.
- What marks are eligible for the Finale? The marks listed on the final top 40 performance list as posted by MileSplit Ohio.
- How many marks qualify for the Finale? The top 24 marks declared.
- How many athletes in individual events from one team can qualify to the Finale? TWO. However, for the 2021 season only due to limited schools participating due to COVID, if an individual event is not full, then the next marks will be accepted of those in the top 40 who already have 2 teammates declared in the event if those athletes choose to compete. Coaches must declare ALL competitors who desire to compete in an event from the top 40 list. Only the top 2 individual finishers for each team are eligible to score points for their team. Note: only ONE relay team per school is eligible to compete even if the event is not full.
Meet Day Information
- Will the NFHS and OHSAA uniform rules be in effect? YES.
- Can relay alternates come to the meet if they are not already competing in another event? NO. Due to COVID restrictions for the capacity of the facility, the number of people in the facility must be closely monitored to be within the maximum allowed by the Board of Health.
- Will spectators be allowed? NO. Due to COVID restrictions for the capacity of the facility, the number of people in the facility must be closely monitored to be within the maximum allowed by the Board of Health.
- Do the athletes and coaches who are allowed in the meet need to submit to a COVID screening? YES. All athletes and coaches entering the Spire facility must complete an online COVID screening questionnaire PRIOR to arriving at the facility which may be found here: https://spirecovidform.paperform.co/ This must be completed on the day of the competition. The parent/guardian of the athlete must complete and sign the online form. Prior to entering the Spire facility, the completed submission screening with confirmation email that states the athlete or coach passed the screening, must be shown to the on-site screeners. An on-site temperature check also will be completed upon arrival by Spire staff. Online COVID screening questionnaire: https://spirecovidform.paperform.co/
- Will there be a livestream of the event? YES. MileSplit Ohio will livestream the event. A paid subscription is needed to access the stream. Get more info at: www.oh.milesplit.com
- Will there be live results posted? YES. Lightning Timing will have live results posted at: www.lightningtiming.com
- Will there be heat/flight sheets available for coaches at the meet? NO. Heat/flight sheets will be available online at www.lightningtiming.com and www.oatccc.com
- Will the meet be scored? YES. The top 2 athletes from each team may score with the top eight marks of those eligible athletes scoring in each event.
- Will there be awards? YES. The top 3 in each event will receive a medal regardless if they are a scoring athlete or not.
- Will there be team championship awards? NO. Since the 2021 Finale is NOT a State Championship meet, there will be no awards for the winning teams.
- Will there be meet t-shirts for sale? YES. Pre-order t-shirts to pick-up at the event. There will be a very limited number of shirts available for sale at the event. Pre-Order to guarantee receipt of a shirt in your desired size at: https://www.oatccc.com/News-Events/State-Meet/#Meet-Info-8
Who to contact with other questions?
Doug Joy, OAT&CCC President: firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID Online Screening
All competitors and coaches attending the Indoor Finale must complete the COVID Online Screening.
The form must be completed on the day of the competition. The parent/guardian of the competitor must complete and sign the online form. Prior to entering the SPIRE facility, the completed submission screening with confirmation email that states the athlete or coach passed the screening, must be shown to the on-site screeners. An on-site temperature check also will be completed upon arrival by Spire staff. Online COVID screening questionnaire: